Laser hair removal is a series of treatments designed to remove or minimize unwanted hair.
Length of Procedure
Before & After Gallery
- Avoid sun-tanning or using tanning cream for at least a month before your treatment
- Avoid plucking or waxing the area for at least
- Shave the area to be treated one or two days before the procedure
- Take any antiviral or antibiotics medication prescribed by your doctor
- Keep the treatment site clear of any cosmetics, lotions, or creams
- Do not wear tight or abrasive clothing on the day of the procedure
- Use the protective eyewear provided to you during treatment
For the underarms and bikini, treatments are performed, in general, every eight to ten weeks and a series of six treatments are usually required to optimize permanent hair reduction. For large zones, such as half legs, full legs or entire backs, five or six treatments are required, every eight to 12 weeks, and each treatment takes approximately 15 to 30 minutes.
After Care Instructions
It is normal to feel itchy or irritated 24 hours following treatment, and using aloe vera gel or lotion can help soothe your skin. If irritation persists beyond this time period, it is advisable to consult with your specialist to avoid any potential problems in the future. Avoid using products like Nair or plucking new hair growths, as that will make it difficult for the laser to remove that hair during future laser removal treatments.
Using ample amounts of sunscreen is greatly beneficial to maintaining skin health, and should also be used liberally following your laser skin treatment. Avoid extended exposure to sunlight, tanning beds, saunas, hot tubs, hot baths or showers for three days after the procedure.
The most common side effects associated with laser hair removal is skin irritation and pigment changes. With skin irritation, you may experience some temporary redness, swelling, and discomfort that will subside within several hours. Due to the sensitive nature of this procedure, it’s vital to find a doctor and clinic with a strong reputation for providing reliable and professional services. Choosing a doctor that has a proven history will greatly reduce the chance of side effects.
Dr. Mulholland can give you the guarantee of the highest possible permanent hair removal in Toronto. We expect to be able to achieve 75% reduction or better, or you will receive 1 or more complementary treatments.
Laser hair removal is a quick and virtually painless procedure that will save you money in the long run. No longer will you have to purchase razors, shaving cream, creams, and waxing kits. Laser hair removal also eliminates and prevents ingrown hairs from developing, and is the perfect option for those that are prone to it.
Most patients who complete the program using multiple laser wavelengths will achieve up to 80% or more permanent hair reduction. However, there’s 20% of the hair that will still grow. This resistant hair, that has been resistant to three or four wavelengths of light and multiple treatments, will generally be fine, wispy, less coarse, lighter and all the hairs will be synchronized into the same growth cycle with a prolongation of the sleeping phase, or telogen phase. Thus, many SpaMedica laser hair removal Toronto program patients join the SpaMedica hair removal club. These are patients who have completed the SpaMedica six-treatment package hair removal program and then can come back anytime when there is regrowth of resistant hair for a low-cost, fast laser removal. The use of a laser in the SpaMedica Laser Hair Removal club is faster, more effective and efficient than waxing, shaving or electrolysis.
- Extra Small Zone (e.g. upper lip) – $99 each, or a package of 5 for $399
- Small Zone (e.g. underarm) – $199 each, or a package of 5 for $799
- Medium Zone (e.g. forearms) $299 each, or a package of 5 for $1199
- Large Zone (e.g. ½ legs) $399, or a package of 5 for $1599
- Extra Large Zone (e.g. Back) $499 each, or a package of 5 for $1999
We also offer our repeat customers special laser hair removal deals after 5 treatments. With these incredible deals can save up to 50% on small and medium zone treatments:
- Extra Small Zone – $49 per treatment
- Small Zone – $99 per treatment
- Medium Zone – $199 per treatment
- Large Zone – $299 per treatment
- Extra Large Zone – $399 per treatment
SpaMedica and Dr. Mulholland have been pioneers in laser hair removal and continue to be at the forefront of the development of new high-speed and efficacious technology. By selecting SpaMedica, you will be assured that you get the best possible experience to minimize any risks or complications. In addition, you will also get the best possible wavelengths of light to ensure the highest possible permanent reduction available.